has anyone experienced bad side affects on the depo vera shot?

weight gain,headache,loss of menstrual cycle completely.

akamom400

Asked by akamom400 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• I dont get my menstrual cycle any more && sometimes i get alot of headaches
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had no period and it didn't come back to almost a year later after I stopped taking it and the weight gain took me from a size zero to a size 4, which was not cool
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• BAD weight gain. I gained something like 10 pounds in 3 weeks, or something off the wall like that. Severe mood swings, I felt like a psycho.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i only had a period every 3 months or so and they were very light, i also gained weight and it made me very depressed and suicidal
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• When I was younger I loved it no AF I had some extra weight that I couldnt get off. But after I had my osn I tried it again and all I did was bleed, it was no fun! So I havnt tried it since.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just had random spotting all the time and it was annoying!!! Also my hair was coming out it wasnt like falling out in chunks but when I would shower It would come out. It was stupid and I hated it!! I just liked it because I didnt have to take a pill everyday
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thank you all, sounds like we all have something in common i don't recommend this to anyone
    akamom400

Comment by akamom400 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Major weight gain. Bone density loss. Infertility.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Depo was black listed by the FDA its been known to cause deteriation of bone marrow after extended lengths of time.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I got on that @ my 6 wk checkup. Sucked! I'd spot every other month. Enuf 2 need a lite tampon once or twice a day. No need 2 wry 2 get preg cuz cnt have sex w that goin on a month str8. Sum weight gain, like 15 lbs but every1 said I needed it anyway. I lost it all tho. Think I put up w it a year then did the patch. Which was found 2 b bad, then did the ring & that damn thing wouldn't stay put lol. So I gave up & got on the pill.
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 9:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010