Why do I feel this way?

I have four wonderful boys and I love them to death.. We are having another boy September 26 and I am very sad about it. I really wanted a girl, this pregnancy is so different it doesn't even feel like I did when I had my boys. We had one ultrasound done and they said it was a boy but comparing to my other children ultrasounds it looks different ... I feel so wrong feeling this way I know I will love my little guy regardless and boy are so much fun, but I can't help but feel like I will never have a daughter. Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can understand your feelings. I think its normal to be sad. But I also think it will pass with time. Allow yourself to feel sad for a while....then treat yourself to something fun and BLUE :)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I only have one and of course I was hoping for a girl, but it wasn't in my cards... yet or maybe ever.... My cousins all have boys one kept trying and has 5 boys! She feels the same way and if that happens to me, so will I. But God gives you what you are supposed to have! There is always adoption if you want a little girl... or just pray that your boys have amazing girlfriends and wifes!

Good luck!
    sweetbeb05

Answer by sweetbeb05 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I can relate,. I knew in my heart I was having a girl and I was sad after my U/s finding out it was a boy.. not to mention he has been a very very challenging boy also - lol! Ilove him to pieces but still get jealous when I find out some friends are having girls.. I think its normal.. but man, if you already have 5 - you midaswell keep trying - whats one or 2 more at this point right haha
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have two little girls and although at first we wanted a boy, had a boy named pick, and even bought a small boy toy before we found out the sex, the closer I got to my due date the more excited I was for my little girl. I think it is normal to feel a little disappointed but as long as your baby is well and healthy is all that matters at the end of the day!
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think it's normal to feel that way. Once your lil guy arrives, everything will be ok! If it helps at all, I have two boys and one girl. The two boys combined aren't as hard to deal with as the girl :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You'll probably continue to feel that way until you meet your son. Your attitude will slowly change. But I think it's perfectly natural to be disappointed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You cannot simultaneously be sad and in a state of appreciation... so re-direct your thoughts. Since you have no control over what the sex of your baby will be (or even if s/he will survive, really) stop thinking about it and start thinking about things that have any way of making you happy:

What do you love about your boys?
    What do you love about your husband?
    What in your life gives you real joy?

Focus on those things, every single time you find yourself thinking about the gender of this baby. Imagine if the baby is born horribly ill --and then imagine if it matters at all if it's a boy or a girl. Would it hurt less if it were a boy? Would it be less stressful for you to deal with? Really? Are you willing to give up any of your boys, even this one, so you can have a girl?

I think you've allowed your thoughts to carry you down a path you don't want to be on. Practice thinking your way, instead of 'any way' that happens.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010