When should i be concerned about future plans?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant, just about. My boyfriend of 10 years (on and off, but on for 7 months) doesn't want to talk about future plans, he doesn't want to be pressured. But it makes me so nervous not to know what we're gonna do. I don't think my parents want me raising a child in their house. I don't know if he'll ever ask me to marry him or get a place with him. Should there be like a cut off week in my pregnancy i should start making plans for just me and the baby? It's gonna be hard not working and somehow affording an appartment or something, and I'm trying to be patient with my man. But I'm scared. Should I, and when if i should, should i start making arangements for myself as a single mother?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 1:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• so my advice to you is that you start... nervous or not .. Right NOW...you need to take care of yourself and this baby...with or without him. (maybe he just needs some time to think it over ...just because you are having sexual relations does not mean he was thinking about making a baby) You and this baby should be your first prioritity!!! Taking care of yourself now can defer some of the birth defects that can happen early on in pregnancy. There is lots of help out there , you only need to ask. I am sure the county where you live can give you some good suggestions ask for social services dept. Also apply for wic (women with infant/ children) this can help you get the right nutritional supplements (milk, cereal, juice, cheese,eggs,) for you and in the future for your baby I wish you all the best of luck and remeber there is no shame in asking for advice or help.
    waitingmomtobe

Answer by waitingmomtobe at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Right away. He might come around, but it'll be easier on you if you go ahead and assume you're going to be on your own instead of having to change your plans last minute.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• right now is the best time if he decides he wants to live with you or marry you he can always move in with you then you make the rules you do not always have to wait for him girly he will come around they all do
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• just if we were gonna get a place it would be a 2 bedroom, a room just for the baby, he could afford it. but if we're not, then i have to find help through welfare or something, i really don't want to, and i'm sure i would have to share a room with the baby. i don't know what to do.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 1:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• ASAP!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• The cutoff is already past. Make plans of your own; don't just wait on him.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008