What would you do if...

Ok so my husband and I are going to start trying for our first baby in November.I already know that his family is going to make a fuss about it. They will say it is to soon and we are not ready and so on... what would you do?

Alf122884

Asked by Alf122884 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not tell them that we were TTC. I would just tell them when I got pregnant : )
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you are planning on having children...you need to get your "i dont care" fence up soon! Well meaning family will ALWAYS stick their nose in your business....especially when children are added to the mix!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't tell his family. It's not any of their business what you and your husband are doing. Good luck!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I LOL'd at "I don't care fence".

I agree with these folks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• don't tell them that you are trying....and don't tell them until you hit the 4th month. When they butt in and say you are not ready for a baby....just smile at them and sweetly say ''thank you for your kind words and support it means so much to us'' then turn and walk away........
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Don't tell them. I have been married for 5 years now and my husband's family still say that i is too soon for us to have a child. WTF?? sorry. It just makes me sooo mad. Anyways, just don't tell them. Husband and I are ttc now, but we didn't tell anyone except my family that we are ttc already. IT IS NOT their business. It makes me so mad to even think of the things they say to me sometimes. I completely understand what you are going through, but just ignore. When you do get pregnant, don't tell them right away.. keep that special news for you and your husband for a while.
    amandatavisk

Answer by amandatavisk at 11:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ignore them.

If they want babies, they can probably figure out how to manage that. If they don't want babies, they can take steps to prevent them. That is 100% of the total amount that it has to do with them.

You can't control what they think, and can you imagine having to take responsibility for it? Yikes. Let them be and live your life the way you want to. Nod and smile at their ever-so-wise pronouncements (are these people happy? do you think they have half a clue how to be happy? why would you take heed of their ignorant advice?!?) and wait for them to change the subject. Do what you want. You're the only one who has to live with it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't tell them. It is none of their business. What you and your hubby do is completely up to you two.
    abra

Answer by abra at 3:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• reason wit them...if things dont work out...jus chill...and do wat u want
    sofi816

Answer by sofi816 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There is no reason to tell them when you are TTC. You don't know how long it will take and it is your decision as a couple. I would wait and tell them when you are pregnant :-) Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010