Do you think that gay couples should be allowed to adopt children?

This is an often discussed topic, I know, but I haven't seen it asked directly in a while and I'm curious as to why you think they should or shouldn't.

I want HONEST opinions here, obviously, so if someone answers and isn't with the majority, try not to bash them, okay?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Gender does not define the capability of an individual to love, nurture, and direct a child through all of life's trials.

Some of the most well adjusted, mentally and emotionally healthy, positive, caring people/children I have ever known, were raised in same sex households.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Absolutely. Straight people screw up kids enough, a same sex couple cant do any worse so why not give them a shot!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• YES!!!
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Absolutely. I've never understood how what folks do in the bedroom has anything to do with their ability to parent well. Would you like someone coming in and telling you that due to the sex acts you perform,you are no longer allowed to care for your child? This idea is beyond ridiculous!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Why not?

The first question is: who cares? I mean, as long as the parents aren't adopting so they have someone else to have sex with (which has nothing to do with homosexuality --most pedophiles are not, as all the girls sexually-abused by men will point out) what on earth have their sexual preferences got to do with anything? Does someone ask if they like it with the light on before they are allowed to adopt? What if they like it dressed, or in leather? Or outdoors? Or only in motel rooms on the 3rd Wednesday of the month?

Who cares? How is it even possible to care?

Since heterosexual couples aren't supposed to show their kids how people have sex --at least not with live demonstrations!-- how can it possibly matter?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I absolutely believe so!!!! I know many AWESOME gay couple parents. ids deserve to be loved. I would rather have a gay couple adopt them than have them sit in an orphanage or be passed through foster homes or go home with a shitty mother.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes your sexual preference has nothing to do with parenting skills.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• YES !! of course there are way too many kids out there who need parents and if a gay couple want to give them a happy home and a family I say go for it....
    God said love thy neighbor....he never said just the "straight" ones....IJS
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Absolutely. A loving couple, regardless of gender, is better for kids than being in the system or living in a neglectful/abusive home. I know several gay couples that would make excellent parents; nurturing, educated, well-off - but because they are homosexual they can't adopt. It's sad.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010