Deleting Questions

Sometimes on my answer I see a thumbs up or down and mine says delete. Should I delete it and why? Won't I loose points? It's very confusing. What's report answer also?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• People can vote your response up or down, you can delete your answer if you make a mistake or something and yes you will lose points, report answer is if someone leaves a really bad and mean answer..you can report it to CafeMom.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You are allowed to delete anything that you put on the site. Yes you will loose points, but sometimes it's necessary to delete. Perhaps there was spelling mistakes, or you didn't like the way it post, or after posting you had a change of heart. If you want to delete anything you put up then do so. You shouldn't let the fear of loosing points stop you.

Reporting an answer is used to let CM (cafemom) know about the post that is in violation of the TOS or Community Guidelines. Although the "community guidelines" don't really apply to the answer section right now.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You'll lose points for deleting it, but you won't lose points for votes down unless you get a bunch of them. I would just leave it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I kind of hate it when I've just typed out an answer and hit submit and the thing comes back and says "this question has been deleted"
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, you do loose points. It' be great if there was an edit function in Answers like there is when we post in groups.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thanks, I have deleted a couple, I hit enter before I even got 4 or 5 words typed, I should just have continued on the nxt pge with an explanation. .
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010