dirty dipar?

ok,i have a breastfeed baby and i fed her just a little of quished banna mixed with breastmilk and rice cereal yesterday she only had a few bites..but today in her dirty dipar were a bunch of what looks like worms or tabacoo(its not though) any ideas?im gonna ask my huspand when he gets home?should i be woried..can babies get worms?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 1:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Was it actually worms or was it just something that looked like it? Cause How my ped explained it is it's ok and normal for babies to have cottages cheese type (but if only breastfeeding more yellowish) but it's got clumpy stuff! As soon as we started feeding rice and fruit though it was brown! But unusual clumps are normal, I just wouldn't know anything about worms though!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 2:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It probably just cleaned her out. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. Is this the first time you have given her anything besides breastmilk?
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• her body didn't digest the food well cause she's not ready. don't give it to her again.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. But if it will help you feel better, call the ER and speak to a nurse and they will tell you if you should be concerned.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It could be from the Banana.
    AmyJeffsGirl

Answer by AmyJeffsGirl at 4:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It was most likely from the Banana and rice cereal combination. That really is not the best combo for a baby. Babies can get worms (anyone can) but I really doubt she has them.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 4:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i would think its from the bananas as well...i wouldnt be giving a baby bananas..it can make them constipated
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• she only had 3 little bites from a baby spoon,and there is alot in her dipar.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2008