how do I get my neighbors to chill w/o calling the police?

I live in a duplex on a military base and my neighbors are driving me CRAZY! Last night they were up having a party until after 11pm on a work night. I HEARD them say "they are going to complain" as they turned up the music.. which is right outside my bedroom window!

how can I get them to chill out without being a "tattle tale" and calling the cops? we have already talked to them about the fact we work different hours and have two young kids in our home but they do the stupid thing (which makes me soooooo mad) and tried to pretend they only spoke spanish.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 11:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You tried being nice ....I would call the cops...they already know they are pissing you off. You have to get sleep and what are you going to do if they wake up the kids???/
    Call the cops they need to learn
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ok, they KNOW that they're being inconsiderate, and they just don't care. It would be different if they didn't know you guys could hear them, but that isn't the case. I would politely but sternly tell them that if they can't have respect for you guys, you will call the cops the next time.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• if you already talked to them and they dis-regarded what you said I'd just anon call the Mps
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have no idea how the military works can you speak to their CO????
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd call. Besides, if they're disturbing you, they're probably disturbing others. You'd be doing the whole neighborhood a favor. Why worry about calling? They're the ones who are being inconsiderate.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i would say call too
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would call the police. It might not really be wise to have that confrontation with them - they've already demonstrated that they really don't care how you feel.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well first off your in milatary housing and they had better watch it. i would give them one more warning and let them know next time you will call. and then next time call. they can get into alot of trouble through their command and could possible be kicked out of base housing.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you have already spoken to them and they are still being disrespectful call the cops AND the landlord.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Speak to them one more time, say I am asking you to keep the volume down at a decent time because we work early and I have young children. If not I will have to call the cops because you are disturbing my families peace. I would rather not do that. Be polite about it. Have someone tell them in spanish if you think it would be better.

After that, CALL THE COPS, NICENESS SOMETIMES GETS YOU KNOW WHERE... :)

Good luck!! I had neighbors like that i moved.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2010