has anyone else been turned down in the bedroom??? adult content

ugh! i think i just need to vent..... this entire week without sex is driving me crazy, lol, yesterday i asked dh if he wanted to have sex, and he bluntly said "no, im tired"..... WTF??? last night, i thought he was making a move on me, then when i "reciprocated" he said, "not tonight"..... again, WTF??? is he just messing with me? or whats going on??? ....... also, is it possible to get on a bad mood because of "no sex"??? tell me your experiences and most honest opinion.... no bashing please, im just venting here... =)

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• In our relationship, unfortunately I'm usually the one that says "I'm tired!" Don't know how to get enough energy during the day, much less at night
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 11:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I get turned down so much I don't even initiate anymore. The downside to that is we only have sex twice a year and that's when I get angry and start crying.
    I know I'm bitchier toward him. I just don't care anymore.
    He says it's stress from work. His counselor says it probably won't change unless he changes jobs.
    He isn't looking
    I'm still bitchy toward him
    I don't care anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• fyi, hes never been like this before...... that why its so shocking to me ......
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• anon, omg that sucks..... im so sorry!! and here i am whining about one week....
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It hasn't happened, but I s'pose everyone has their moments when they just aren't feeling it. Maybe he's stressed or something physical is going on you don't know about. It sounds like you two need a good heart2heart, NOT in the bedroom, and NOT before or after the situation doesn't 'arise'. Give him a break; take care of your needs yourself if its that serious. No reason to immediately assume things, but a good reason to talk, rather than touch.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Masterbation?

Well, it seems to me that your husband is trying to communicate something to you, and not knowing how.

Do you pounce on him? Sexually... or verbally throughout the average week, about what he's doing wrong, how he's doing it wrong, what's wrong with him, what you want him to change or do now, or fix or stop doing? Do you openly laugh at him? Criticize him, particularly in front of others --but at all? Even if it's fully justified, even if he needs to know what he's doing wrong or how it's wrong...

Men are blustering bullies on the outside and marshmallows on the inside, and almost never learn to deal with criticism. They just can't handle it, particularly when it comes from the women they love. When they have received too much of it, they shut off --and while lots of people like to think men are automatons who are dying to rape the next female that goes by, they want intimacy, affection, love and respect, too.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• This has happened to me in every relationship i've been in. I am always the randy one in the relationship. That's why I always keep a full stock of toys to take care of myself.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my dh is like this a lot lately and i think its because i've been pressuring him about a baby. I am an emotional wreck because of all him excuses not to have sex when i'm ovulating. "i'm tired" blah blah blah. I feel so neglected all the time but i'm just extra hormonal. you are not the only one. i sat down with him last night and told him that i'm tire of being the only one who is in it 100% for actually "trying" to have a baby and i want to start using condoms..i told him when he is ready to be fully committed and "try" (meaning every other day during my ovulation days) then we can go back to being unprotected. But i don't think i want to have a baby with someone out of me forcing them...i want him to want it just as much as i do. He seemed pretty upset about it..we will see. I'm sticking to my guns too.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lol yeah.... toys can be fun, but i personally like the affection from him better..... but yeah toys are a quickfix.....=)
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nope I'm ussually the one turning down
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010