Do you find the average person to be more or less open minded than yourself?

And how does that affect you?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most of the time, less. Infuriates me..and try as I might, no one will open their minds for me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• less - it make sme jaded :o(

I have found, however, that iff you present things in more personal terms, a lot of people are more open minded than perhaps they even realize... this give me hope...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• In general, less... Though moving to a different part of the nation (or out of the country entirely) might alleviate that some- I live in the bible belt. :(

I find it incredibly frustrating that people have their heads so far up their ass they can taste what they ate for supper 2 nights ago... no changing it, so I simply leave well enough alone until they do something that directly affects me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• For me, in general, just about everyone is less open minded than I am. And personally, it drives me NUTS! The idea that just because YOU don't like something it shouldn't be permitted makes me want to shake people. Pull your head out of your ass and smell the freedom and equality people!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My closest friends are very open minded... in general though, I have to say the average person is probably less open minded then myself. Good thing my friends are extraordinary! ROFLMAO...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Hmmm. It really depends on the subject at hand, but I'd say more often than not, they're less open-minded than I am.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i agree it depends on the subject and sometimes age of the person
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL... Sabrina you crack me up! Funniest thing is, my closest friends are Catholic...LOL.... they find me fascinating! We are just moms and we don't discuss that stuff and they love me anyways... Now, if you want to talk pull your head out of your ass stuff, my staunch republican conservative in-laws won't even come to my house.... LOL.... the Ouija board on my coffee table scares them.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I can believe it... My Spirit Board is in the top of my closet, and my DH won't even put things in the same side of the closet because he's afraid they might become possessed! lol! My mother... Honestly, she's one of the most closed minded people I've ever met... She actually said that anyone who has "gay sex" should be shot so they can't do it again... - And she said this knowing I'm bisexual... Yeah... Ass, meet Head!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think different people have different interpretations of what open minded means. Because of this, It's hard to make comparisons. Being open minded means that you are receptive to hearing new or different ideas or arguments. Whether or not you agree with those ideas & arguments, is a different story. However, most people feel that once hearing those ideas or arguments, if you don't agree with them, you are closed minded, ignorant, a hater etc. If you're asking about people's willingness to at least be receptive to hearing another's point of view, I personally think most people are willing, but then go on to make their own decision regarding the issue & it may or may not be in agreement with the other person.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010