My 15 months old DD is going to sleep at my MIL for the 1st time in september b/c were are in a wedding....

I still BF her to sleep and not sure if anything will come out if i pump a bottle for her. And she is a total Momma's girl when she is tried. How old was your child on there 1st trip to gma's? and how did they do? I have this vision of he crying all night for her Mommy :( My DH and I could really use a night out!! I dont want to spend the whole night driving myself nuts. Any advice is appricated.

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was only 6 months when she sayed at grandmas for the first time and I was still bf at that time too. She'll be fine just pump a couple of bottles, if your worried about nothing comming out don't feed for a awhile then you will have more. She will most likely be fine. Iwas really worried too the first time but the kids did fine, I ended up driving myself crazy for nothing. Go have fun with your DH and don't worry shes got to get used to it at somepoint.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Just pump some alittle each night for a few nights before you go, after you nurse if needed, that way she still has your "night milk". and make a huge happy deal about spending the night at grandma and with grandma. taking her own blanket, pillow, and favorite toy helped too. my daughter was just over two the first time. and i thought the same thing but she did great. i hope your dd will too.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I didn't do it. Having the same kind of reservations you're having, we just chose to always make arrangements that made it possible for me to be with our kids. Since I loved them, and loved spending time with them, it was no sacrifice on my part, I promise.

Yes, I would ditch the wedding in the middle. Or just not go at all. People can get married without me, if they think it's impossible to get married with me and the child who comes with me.

Of course, having been a babysitter, I know that lots of babies do cry until they pass out --even if the babysitter accurately reads mom's desperation for it to be 'okay really' and openly lies that the baby was 'fine.' And, having known any number of kids with helpful aunts and grandmothers who were also convinced that 'eventually she will give in and take a bottle.' One of them screamed without sleeping for 10 hours. Turns out auntie was wrong, baby wouldn't give in. Good try, tho'.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• She will probably do better then you think she will. My oldest was almost 2 and my second was 2 months the first time they stayed with my mom, I had to have surgery. Anyway, they both did great! the baby didn't miss me at all I don't think and the oldest did great, we made sure she had her lovey and was allowed to call mommy before bedtime. Just try to make it into a big fun deal. I'm sure she will do fine. And enjoy yourself, when you call to check on her if she is doing great don't talk to her on the phone this might upset her and make her cry for you, learned this the hard way! Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Does your MIL do any babysitting for her? Would it help for her to have the baby for a day beforehand and then she'll have been there once before you do the overnight, will have slept in the other crib, etc? Just one idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My daughter hasn't slept over my parents house yet she is 20 months old. But I agree with previous poster maybe you can take her sometime before you the wedding so that she can an idea of what is going to happen. Or can your MIL come to your house and stay the night there? That way your daughter will be in her own enviorment?
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• She will do fine.....I left my son for the first time when he was about a year old. It was harder on me than it was on him.
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 1:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010