sore hips help plez

ok for the past week ive been havin really bad sore hips and some back pain and it hurts more at night when im switchin side does that mean my body is gettin ready for delivery and am i suppose to let my dr know at my next visit im 35 week and too it hurts alot when i walk to much it feels like my hip is gonna go out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt the sameway when I was PG. I would wake up crying cus they hurt so bad, and the hormones!!. I feel our pain!
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh ya! I felt the same too, in the end everything hurts and is totally uncomfortable, I cried allot the last 4-3 weeks, it was terribley uncomfortable so I was more tierd then ever so my sleeping was greatly effected and ...well.. need I say more, I feel your pain too, just rEmEmBeR this will all be OVER soon , *&* your little baby will be here & you will have had it no other way, I'm sorry mama it's never easy in the end.OH & yes tell your Dr. everything at visit even if YOU think it sounds silly.They do know the signs, almost all of them.* GOOD LUCK~!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• your hips move apart to make your pelvis a wider place for baby to pass through, you are getting very close. only a few weeks left. its unfortunate that there is nothing you can do about it, good luck
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My doctor just told me to take some tylenol put a pillow in between my legs and suck it up because having the baby is gonna hurt alot worse lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• This happens to me, too (I'm 35 weeks, with my 4th). It really sucks. Propping pillows between my knees and at the small of my back, and switching sides a lot helps when I sleep (although not all the way).

Towards the end of your pregnancy, your body releases a hormone that relaxes and stretches the ligaments of all of your joints, but especially your pelvic ligament, in preparation for birth. The overall loosening of your ligaments can cause your joints to feel weak. Also, as your baby descends into your pelvic cavity, you may find yourself prone to sharp, stabbing pains at the base of your spine or in the middle of your pelvic bone, making it uncomfortable to walk. The baby's head pressing against the nerves and blood vessels in the pelvis may also cause cramps in the thighs.

If you are concerned, you can ask your doc, but this is what he'll say ;) GL momma!
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 12:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ah the joys of pregnancy =) Yes your body is preparing for delivery but that doesn't mean it's right around the corner either. You very possibly have 5-7 weeks left. I found yoga to be very helpful. It can be a little difficult with that big ole' belly in the way but it's worth it. Also my chiropractor was my best friend. I didn't get any chiropractic care with my first and I saw a tremendous difference with my second pregnancy when I was going.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010