Any credit card savy ladies out there?

DO I have to pay this stupid membership fee on this card if I'm closing it? Its been at a zero balance for a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call customer service--there should be a phone number .
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, but if you ask nicely the rep may waive it.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Read the fine print on the terms of service that you got when you opened the card. I'm sure it varies from card to card.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with HotMama330. So call your credit card company's customer service and ask them!!!!!!!!! If you are okay with it then cancel the card while you are at it!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes, you do, I would recommend that you close it and not use it anymore. Use cash or a debit card that earns rewards, and save cash for the bigger things that you will actually need, no luxury items. Read Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, it will change your life.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am afraid you do.It was in the fine print.Be a wiser card user read that fine print.It is a killer.Do not be afraid about asking them up front is there a fee for using this card,do not use any card with a fee I can't say this enough.They make a killing as it is on our little splurges.
    So be wise save up a little stash ( all ladies have a little stash in the panty drawer.) kinda like your bank safe you make deposits and you are never in this little spot.....LOL LOL
    maxy60

Answer by maxy60 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, you're responsible for it but you may be able to negotiate your way out of it.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010