What was the most creative gift you've seen, made or got?

What was the most creative gift you've seen, made or got? I never saw this gift. But I saw scrap paper of it. Someone I know was turning 50. Her friend had all of her Family and friends do a piece of art work or message for her. And she had it made into a quilt! I thought that was so creative. What about you? I love Quilts! This would be like the most perfect gift!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I paint ceramics and every year for Christmas I paint somthing for my mother and Mother-in-law. I also take apart old clothes of my kids that no longer fit them, but they still love and make little pillows and quilts for them. That is as creative as I get!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 12:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i'm in the process of crocheting slippers for my niece! hopefully sil won't read this. she's on cafemom lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I crocheted a stuffed rabbit for my SILs new son =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• For my mom's 60th birthday I sent out fabric hearts to her friends and family, with a note to please write, draw or just say happy bday on the heart. I appliqued the hearts onto fabric squares and made a wall quilt out of them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, as you know I am a huge Elvis Fan and so is my mom & stepdad so this year I am making them for Christmas aElvis Themed Christmas. I googled his favorite foods printed off the recipes and am making them a recipe book. Then I will take ingredients from some of the recipes and add them into a basket with the book, I also have boughten Elvis Coffee mugs and will add homemade cocoa in a bag for them. I have found An Elvis Ty Beanie Baby, and I am printing out pictures and outting them in fromes for them. That's all I for now any ideas?Not sure if this was my most creative. I can be though.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The most creative gift I ever gave was a door sign for my mom's craft room, that has all kinds of silly nonsense on it --a Caution sign that says 'Creativity Within', a small watercolour painting of her behind her desk, a Warning sign that says 'Abandon Hope (of remaining glitter-free) Beyond This Point', a little wooden plaque that says 'The Artiste is In' on one side and 'Vacant' on the other side...the whole thing is sprinkled with star-shaped glitter... I think there is something else on it, but it's been years since I made it and I haven't really looked at it closely in ages.

The most creative gift I have received was having the stone replaced in an antique ring that was my great-grandmother's, without me even noticing it was missing from my jewelery box.

The most creative gift I've seen was for my daughter's grad from her dance company: a medley of the dances she performed with them in the 5 years previously.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010