What exactly does labor feel like? What pain could you possibly describe it to?

.........? me and my hubby are due with our first in november. just wondering

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• For me it felt like diarhea cramps x100. When I was ready to push it felt like I was really constipated, and it was painful even with drugs. Its deffinetely worth it though, or course! GL and congrats on your first baby <3
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Menstral cramps that just keep gettng worse until it is overwhelmingly painful. Then baby is born and the pain ends!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is unexplainable, when you are in labor though you will know.

6 x worst then, did you ever have to go potty and had to hold it in. Meaning number 2 not being gross, and you get awful cramps, I mean cramps. I can't poop any where I don't know why. It is kinda like that. :)

Hope this helps, but trust me when the time comes you will know. ;)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well that is the only time i have experienced that pain. so i owuldnt know how to describe it really. have you ever had muscle cramps? well that would be the best way for me to describe it only amplified by alot. i dont know. its horrible but you wont even care when your holding your baby.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with poster #1. When DD #1 was almost crowning I really thought I just had to poo. I had only been in labor for an hour so the nurse didn't check me and let me try to go to the bathroom. Funny stuff. She was born in bed 5 min later.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I compare it to climbing a mountain or something. Its hard work. Once you start-you cant stop! It takes everything in your body to do it, you really can see what your body is capable of doing & end the end you get an AMAZING reward...

When it was time to push I felt like I had to go to the bathroom- LIKE NOW!- There was no stopping the pushing, your body takes over (no drugs here)... its just amazing what the body knows to do on its own..

The nurses tried to tell me not to push cause dr was not there... UHHHH sorry... but my body is doing & saying something different!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm not much help. I was induced and got my epidural... So I never had a single pain - with either of my kids. In fact I slept through the majority of my labor... The only one that knew when I was having a contraction was my husband because he insisted on watching the monitor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had back labor. It felt like I was being stabbed with a knife.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Like the worst cramps you have ever had and it comes in waves (peaks and valleys). I recommend walking as much as you can in the beginning of labor and then taking a long warm shower while massaging your belly. I had an incredibly fast labor with my second after doing that, instead of just lying flat on my back and enduring it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It's been 26 years since my last one.I had all three of my sons natural and all I remember is it hurt like nothing I've ever felt before.& after each one,I remember saying "never again".But then the thought of the pain would fade,& I'd get pregnant again.But for me...the pain was worth it .
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010