• In the Spotlight:

My 4 month old has a fever blister inside her mouth?!!

im scared, my daughter looks like she has a fever blister on the inside of her lip. its big, about the size of one that an adult would get. she doesnt have a fever and it doesnt look like she has them anywere else.

i called the doctor, the nurse on the phone 20 questioned me and told me as long as its not effecting her, or she has a fever not to worry about it. but i cant help it. the accute care is open til 12 tonight, should i take her anyways?

has anyone ever heard of a baby this young getting a fever blister???
:(

MrsThompson1023

Asked by MrsThompson1023 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe they make an Oral Gel for babies. Put a little on her sore it will help a little.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes... It might be hand foot and mouth (not serious). I would take her... but I am a little doctor happy.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree, it sounds like it may be hand foot and mouth... it causes blister in the mouth, and the soles of the hands and feet and can cause high fever. If she is acting sick I would bring her in... otherwise just keep an eye on her.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My oldest daughter had this happen when she was 8 months old, her daddy had a fever blister and kissed her and she caught the virus from him. It is very hard on a baby that young, my daughter couldn't drink from a bottle for probably a month and she never took a pacifier again after that. As long as she doesn't have a fever and doesn't have any problems feeding, I wouldn't worry much about it. If she starts acting cranky, starts getting a fever or acts like she is in pain, definitely take her in. Hope she gets feeling better.
    Mama0f3grlz

Answer by Mama0f3grlz at 10:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008