what can i say to those people?

so when i go out i always get the aww their so adorable do they have diferent dads? see i have 2 sons my oldes 2 n my youngest 4 months. my 2 year old is a lot darker then my youngest. ( they are from the same daddy) but i guess one got baked a little more lol so i always get that question if they are from the same daddy it gets me so mad. i mean they are brothers and i dont want people to keep asking me this questions because well soon my oldest will start asking questions as he grows and his daddy is thesame as babies daddy

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I got that question once, when my youngest son was still only a couple months old. Personally I think that is the rudest question people can ask. Really, what business is it of theirs if your kids have the same daddy or not? Now that my boys are older, 4 and 6, and are nearly the same size, we get asked all the time if they are twins. My oldest son has heard this question so many times, and heard my reply so many times, that now he just replies himself. "No, we're two years apart."

I wouldn't worry about your boys taking it the wrong way. If they hear the question, and your answer enough times, they will get used to it. They probably wont even think twice about it. And if they do ever ask why you get asked that so often, just explain to them that because they look different people just assume they must have different fathers. If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will they.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would honestly just say No. I mean, really, what's the point of making a deal of it? The only person you are going to upset is you... I can't imagine why anyone would even ask something like that, but people are rude... If I were you I would just learn to brush it off and keep going. You know the truth, who cares if everyone else doesn't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I got this a lot when they were very small- they boys really don't look alike. I just asked people if they would like to see their birth certificates- or did I need to provide them with photo ID.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Seriously?! Strangers will actually ask you if your children have different dads?! WOW!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I get that too. I have one daughter who is brunette, blue eyes, tall and lanky, and very pale. My other daughter is blond, green eyes, short and thick, and tan. They just got different genes from us :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I get it also, I have 8 and the older four look completely different, and then the younger four are a little closer in looks but some are really dark skinned and some a whiter, blond haired and blue eyed, all have the same daddy, but we look a little like the united nations LOL. It doesn't bother me.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Just answer, no same dad and be done with it, no one needs an explanation. My husband and I have 3 girls together, the oldest has dark brown hair, light skin tone and brown eyes, the 2nd has golden light brown hair, darker skin tone and brown eyes and the 3rd has blonde hair, very light skin tone and blue eyes. Don't worry about your child asking you questions, just say everyone is different and gets their attributes from different sides of the family.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I get that but not so extreme - my kids are all blonde, look like me, but 3 have blue eyes and one has brown - so since they all look like me and not DH I get some looks like "where'd she come from?". I finally came up with a good answer for myself though - DH used to joke that she's (our brown-eyed girl) came from the mailman - then he actually became a USPS employee, so now I can say "she's the mailman's kid!". Still get looks but at least it's the truth! If I were in your shoes though, I'd say "Of course they do, my husband is both of their daddy!" accompanied by a dirty look - but I can't say nothing when people ask stupid stuff like that.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010