Pets, Husbands, Babies, Oh My!

I'm curious, who here has pets and babies in the household? In my household, we have myself and my husband, our son, 2 dogs and 3 cats. With all to take care of, do you ever temporarily lose your mind? I know when the dogs start barking, cats underfoot, my son is crying and my husband is not available to help, I can have a mini breakdown of my sanity. And of course, I love my family, furry and human. I just take a step back, take a deep breath and remember why I love my family, craziness and all. How about you? What helps you keep your sanity?

kathria

Asked by kathria at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pets

• I get you completely! i have 3 kids, 3 dogs, a cat, and my hubby-which can count as a kid sometimes. when the dogs start barkin and getting to chasing the cat i put them on their run outside. the kids, if having a melt down i put them in their room for a few minutes until i get done what i need to for them like a bottle or sippy cut or snack, etc. the cat gets put in the bathroom. and then i just get done what is need quickly, calm down, get the kids, give them what they need and have some time with them. good luck
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL I have my 2 yo son and my 1 yo daughter and 2 inside dogs and now we have 2 jack russel puppies we are trying to sell. Between potty training a kid and trying to keep the puppies from pottying all over the house it becomes a nightmare!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We now have the FEWEST pamou t of pets we've ever had. 1 cat, 2 dogs, and a fish with our 2 yr old. Since I don't have male ate anymore, marking wars are over. My older dog is such a pain when it comes to barking. The puppy is a ...... Well a puppy. She still has accidents, she cries, and she destroys everything! Did I mention I'm allergic to dog hair? She's my biggest pain. I copenby telling myself she would have died if I hadn't taken her in. The constant litter scooping, walking, vacuuming, and cleaning up after are a pain. I really did lose my mind when we had a ton of cats.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If it weren't for the fact that I have quite possibly the most laid back dog, I would go crazy. The cat is a mess, I have to have a motion detector up to keep him from getting on my counters and he is very annoying and talkative. Sweet as can be, but annoying nonetheless. The baby (12 mo) gets into everything and is no fun when he is cranky. Luckily, my hubby is willing to take a baby shift if I need a break.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 12:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When I got pregnant we had 4 cats. When she was born we were down to 3. Now we have one. It is emotionally trying at times especially when you have a cat that pukes as often as mine does. On avg I am cleaning cat puke 2-3 time a day as well as taking care of a toddler and working from home. I don't know how but I can keep my sanity pretty good most days.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I swear, sometimes it gets to be a struggle! But then at other times, the baby is sleeping, I have my one dog cuddled up against me, a cat purring in my ear, my husband cooking us dinner and I realize that everything is exactly as it should be.

You clean up cat puke 2-3 times a day? Wow! Why does the cat keep getting sick? What does the vet think? I know we get cat puke every couple days and then we have the dimwit dog who decides to eat grass, comes inside and then pukes on our carpeting every couple weeks. And then if the one dog doesn't get enough attention, she goes and tears up paper she'll drag out of the trash/recycling. I swear, when the 8 month old baby is the best behaving dependent in our household, it's a bad sign! :)
    kathria

Comment by kathria (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• In my household, there's my husband, our almost 2 y/o daughter, 2 dogs (one stays outside most of the time) and a cat. One of my dogs is 13 y/o, so she doesn't bother anyone. The only problem I ever have is the cat attacking my feet while I'm trying to do something or constantly being under my feet. I also have issues with my daughter picking the cat up by his head! Drives me crazy after telling her no over and over again!!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a 5 month old and a 1 year old Jack Russell, but the dog stays outside.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010