Tylonol PM?

i'm 27 weeks. I hurt and toss all night now. I didnt really do this w/ my first born. But I get no sleep now. Is it safe to take Tylonol PM?? And if it is safe, would it help me relax and sleep? I've never even taken it before. I'm not usually one to take many meds unless i'm just horrible sick.

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm pretty sure that's a no no lol I am 27 weeks as well and I told my doctor the same thing and he said ONLY regular or extra strength Tylenol and that its normal not to get very much sleep right now and that I should try a hot bath and nap throughout the day as well
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tylenol PM is just Tylenol with benadryl in it. If your doc says okay to benadryl then Tylenol PM would be okay.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Technically it's considered safe. I believe that it's a category B, which means it's considered safe but no real studies have been done.

I personally avoid medication when not pregnant and especially when pregnant. I found yoga to be very relaxing and it helped tremendously with the aches and pains. A warm bath with epsom salts and lavender oil was always nice as well.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My midwife told me to take 1 half an hour before bedtime. It never helped me but it was safe. Ask your dr/ob for sure before taking it though, then at least he/she will know you're taking it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010