Would you go on vacation without your young kids?

I just need some advice. We plan on going away on vacation next weekend with the kids for 5 days. They are 3 and 2. Whoever has been on vacation with kids this young know that its not really a vacation. Its likely going to be more stressful because you are away from home, and you have no help, have to think about going out to eat all the time with them, plus sleeping arrangements and taxi cabs and car seats etc. Honestly, my DH just wants to get away with me for a few days without the kids. I, on the other hand, do not want to leave the kids with my MIL or sister, or anyone. I would rather have the kids with us. We plan to fly out there, and DH is dreading flying with the kids...very understandable. I just feel like it would be more stressful to go with the kids, but at least I know they are safe and I wont be feeling so guilty leaving them behind.
What would u guys do? Leave the kids behind or take them with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• only for the weekend or something. I'd go nuts more than 3 days with out em.
    shesahophead

Answer by shesahophead at 12:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• to me it's either family or not for time greater than an over night trip. more power to you if you can but i couldn't
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't leave my kids at that age.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 12:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd take them with me. I wouldnt want to experience something without them there and I know mine would absolutely love going on vacation!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If it was with someon eI trusted and the kids are used to being around such as their grandparents or Aunt, then dang right I'd leave them behind. It ends up being a mini vacation for them too as they get spoiled rotten by their grandparents and get to play with their cousins all day.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• In a heartbeat LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you have someone you trust to take care of them it should be no problem to go on a vacation for a few days. No reason to feel guilty- it's normal to need some alone time. I say go and enjoy some one on one time with your hubby- the kids will be just fine without you for a few days!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No, we haven't and can't imagine doing so! We don;t have any help at home either (no family or trusted friends nearby that we could leave them with). However, we we travel with them (and have done so since they were 2, we always get a hotel suite with a mini kitchen, and bring foods I know they'll eat and order out (pizza, take out, etc.) and eat in the hotel room, or if they have a continental breakfast area, we'll eat there.

We also only take vacations during the week and do not go over weekend days--far less busy in the hotel and doing whatever it is that we're doing.

And if it's not too late, I HIGHLY recommend "red eye" flights...their more likely to sleep right through it!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Let me tell you it sounds nice a vacation away from the kids but if you were to go without them, the whole time you would say I wish the kids were here or see something and say the kids would love to see that. But if you take them you give up the peace and quiet you would have without them. I probably wouldnt be able to leave them but I'd wish I had lol
    sierranavada

Answer by sierranavada at 12:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldnt leave my child the whole time i would be like she would love doing this and this (whatever we would be doing at the time)
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010