Changing IP address...

I'm borrowing my father in laws lptop, but it has no windows on it!! Anyone know how to change the IP address????

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Changing your IP address has nothing to do with windows programming, so I'm not sure where you are going with that...

but you can change your address a couple of ways. Do a google search for a site that masks it for you (this is useful when a site has blocked your computer for one reason or another), also, dh says that a static IP is unusual and expensive, so you would simply have to clean everything out, cookies, cache, etc, and reboot completely.

Again, neither of these steps will get you windows.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Hi newmom28,

I couldn't understand your question ? What operating system is running behind your laptop? You have specified already it is no windows . Whats that mean ? You are not installing windows os  or  it is running under  Linux,ubuntu or other os. Do you want to change your static ip ?(You can get your static ip by using the site Ip-details.com  ) . If yes, its a tedious task to do by yourself. You need to contact your ISP to fix it .  You can change your internal ip address . Why do you want to change your ip address ? If you have facing any conflicts with your current ip ?

childchar

Answer by childchar at 6:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2013