I have a bloody stool from my cat!!!! Help!

My cat has been acting funny, I clean the litter box every other day. i went to clean it last night and there was a big bloody looking ball of something disgusting in his box. Is this from worms or something? What do I do for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pets

• Take some stool in a plastic bag and give it to your veterinarian so they can test it. Wash your hand good!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I completely agree with Fairy Wings. Go to the vet, and quickly.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• have you changed its food? Have you given it milk? both of these can cause blood in the stool just like us they get constapded but take it to the vet to be safe
    Bellsbabyboys

Answer by Bellsbabyboys at 12:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you can take a stool sample in that's good. I hope its not too much blood! Is he acting ill? Did he recently have a change in diet? Different meat? A fresh kill from hunting?? I wish you the best in finding what is wrong. Good luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes do take it to the vet (the stool sample and the cat) also ours did this when he had roundworm after we adopted him from a shelter- the round worm was tearing up his intestines. In addition to de-worming him we had him on steroids for quiet a while to heal his lining of his intestines- GL! Hope ur's gets better soon.

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• do you or your neighbors use rat poison? Some of the poisons use cut up glass to kill rats. Your cat may have gotten into so or ate a poisoned rat. =( good luck.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Take him in to see the vet. They will probably use a q-tip,swipe his anus with it and put it in for testing. You can also bring in a sample of the bloody stool.
    I had a cat that had that before...the bloody stool. They were concerned he may have cancer.He didnt...thank goodness..but I do forget exactly what it was that he did have. He did get some kind of medicine for it. This was like 12 years ago.
    Good Luck..I hope the little furball is okay!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would put the poop I found in a plastic bag and take him to the vet ASAP! I hope everything turns out okay with your kitty!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Scoop it out, ziploc it, and go to the vet asap! That is not normal!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• take the cat to the vet quick.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010