public potty problems?

my dd is just finished up potty training but she refuses to use a public potty. does anyone have any ideas on how i can do this?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son had this issue. We enticed him by buying a fav potty ring and taking it with us. His fav was Lightening Mcqueen from cars. The first couple of times we would find private bathrooms. Like Starbucks has a private one,only one stall.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Go Potty Before Leaving Home and Keep Your Outings Short. Take an Insert or Sit with Your Child. Make a "No Potty, No Play" Rule.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 1:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• What does she do in public when she has to go? Does she have an accident rather then use a strange toilet? I would talk with her about her fears and tell her that the potty out there is just as good as the one at home. Did she train with a potty chair? Did you use the seat with the toilet at home? Maybe take that one in public a few times to help her adjust?
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My son had the problem for a while too. He would even cry and scream when we got near a public toliet or heard others flushing their toliet. I would sit on the back of the toliet (with pants on), kind of gross, and then I would set him in front of me. I would make it fun or at least sound like we were having fun. It worked! He is no longer scared and goes poop and pee in public now.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My daughter was afraid of the flushing too. I brought gun range ear covers with me for a whole day. It did the trick, even if she looked silly. It was so cute. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010