C section moms

If u have lost alot of ur baby weight, do u have a flat tummy? Im back down to my normal weight, but i have this pouch of fat that is above my scar. My friend says it will never be flat because i had a c section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Mine went away, but 20 years later it's back- I think the delineation left from the scar causes a gap or separation between the lower pelvis and the abdomen- It's d/t the cutting of tissues and muscles. I think once you have a C/S you will have a pouch, unless you go for the TT. Oh well, lots of moms who have vag deliveries end up with bowel and bladder problems- I'll take a small pouch any day over peeing or stooling in my pants when I cough!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yeah, I havn't lost that either... I'm jelous of those natural birth moms because they lose that weight so quickly.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have had a little "pouch" ever since the C-section.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have it as well. I was told it was scar tissue and probably wouldn't go away. GREAT!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well...I got pregnant again 11 months after I had the c-section. And I'm still pregnant (due next month thank goodness!). I can say that before I got pregnant again that that "pouch" was still there. Now that I am 34 weeks pregnant with this one...its weird because even though I have this big old pregnant belly...I put my hand at the bottom of my belly and STILL fill that pouch there! AHHHH!! It sucks man, it really does. I don't think my body is EVER going to be the same again. But hey...maybe it won't be the same..but BETTER! Welll..it IS good to think positive, ya know,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I lost all of my baby weight within the first two months after my c-section, but yeah, I have the pooch too. I think it's a small price to pay to have my handsome son. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I lost 95lbs. TOTAL. I'm trying to tone up this year, if not tummy tuck it is.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a huge pouch. I think it's here to stay.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I still have it as well. I've lost weight, especially in my tummy area and it's still there. However, I have had 2 back to back c-sections and then a year ago I had stomach surgery for endometriosis thru the same scar. I don't think I will ever lose it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I did not have an issue with the tummy thing. I worked out and lifted weights thru out my pregnancy and was able to bounce back pretty quickly. Core exercising well also help.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2010