"back contraction"

I had one contraction today that hurt my lower back really bad! It was at 11:44 this afternoon. It felt like someone was taking my lower back stretching my spine! It lasted for about one minute, and I have not had one since. Could this be labor, or just the baby leaning funny? Its 1:10 now, and I'm only having my regular BH contractions, which I have had for months now. I know labor is consistent, but this was just really painful! So I had to say something about it, and get some opinions. Thanks :)

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• baby probably just hit a nerve
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i had back labor with my first ds. that's exactly what it felt like. good luck hon! i hope you don't keep back labor i wouldn't wish that type of labor on anyone-honestly.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Mine felt like that and I agree with candle5...I hope yours is not back labor. I did it unmedicated with pitocin and could have broken the bedrail I was squeezing it so hard.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had back labor with my 1st too. OH it was ruff, I had to have a epiderral it was requested by my Dr. for me.I tried to go it without but started having such BAD pain in the very beginning my Dr. told me it would be in my best interrest , so I did, if I had waited 10 more minutes I wouldn't have been able to have it. I was in labor for almost 2 days,
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i wish you luck
    mommymissa1979

Answer by mommymissa1979 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i wish you the best
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 1:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010