Anyone else having an "I want my mommy" day?

I have a wisdom tooth that needs to come out NOW (only I have to wait a week)... and I just want to cry! I'm having one of those "I want my mommy!" days. Then I realize, I AM the mommy... *sigh* Just want it to stop hurting.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 1:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The same thing happened to me when I had to have gallbladder sugery. My mom did come to take care of me, but I wanted her to stay longer. Sometimes, only your mom will do. I know how you feel.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 1:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No. I think the last time I had an "I want mommy day" I was 3... I've been more than able and willing to stand on my own since then.

On another note, sorry about your tooth! I'm cutting a wisdom tooth and pregnant - so I can't take pain meds. So I'm using the same homeopathic remedy that I use for my kids... Try chamomile ice tea, it will help over time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am, but I am just lonely, I think lol
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm having a "will you please stop spreading the 3000 legos all over the floor I am trying to vacuum" kinda afternoon. Which works well with the "who in the hell got toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror I just cleaned" kinda morning. I'm hoping to finish off the day with "hey, thanks, you can keep the change PIZza DuDe" because at this rate I'm not gonna want to cook dinner... she says as her mood has deteriorated into the oblivion of colorful sailor language....

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sabrina- I understand, and I should maybe clarify that I was speaking figuratively. Not literally... besides, shes in MO taking care of my irresponsible sister's 6 children. *sigh* another story entirely.

Last pregnancy was actually threatened by an abscessed tooth that had to be extracted, and OMG!!! the pain!! HUGE hole in the tooth, it was a lot worse than this... but the fact that AF is visiting, and I flow soooo heavy that I can't take a pain killer is really getting to me!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm having an, "Omg, NO, I do not know where everything you own is. If you ask me where your wallet is, and I say no, asking me TWENTY more freakin' times is not going to change the damn answer!!!! If you want to know where all of your stuff is, remember where you put it and stop blaming me!!!" kinda day. If you can't tell,my husband is getting on my LAST nerve!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• While I can't take your pain away, I hope I've made you at least crack a smile!   ....dammit will you please put the dishes in the dishwasher instead on on top of it!  Anyways... think happy thoughts or get out the 151 rum ... or is that the other way around...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh, yes. I've had too many of them since she passed away, for reasons ranging from not knowing her cauliflower recipe that my son actually LIKES to wishing for her wisdom when I'm dealing with particularly thorny problems. I know I *can* deal with all of it on my own, but I really miss her guidance which was never in-your-face.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lol @ woowitch My SO MUST told me that we have insurance coverage as of right now, but no dental yet... So, I may take a trip to urgent care, I have been clenching so badly that my jaw is locking up!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I havent spoken to my mother in over 4 years, her choice. So yeah, sometimes I miss her immensly.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 1:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010