7 month baby

My daughter is 7 months and she is not sitting yet, she looks mellow to me, is this normal for her age.... she is very active, she rolls all the time, but when it comes to sitting she doesnt even try....what is the latest time a baby can sit and still considered normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sitting alone by 9 months at the latest is considered delayed.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't know what the end of the normal range is, but we have relatives whose baby is 8 months old and cannot sit without assistance. He can belly crawl. Pediatrician is not concerned.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Do you sit her up,perhaps with pillows behind her? I used to sit my son up and show him how to balance by putting his hands between his splayed out legs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Your daughter is fine. She will sit up when she feels like it. dont rush her cuz once she figures it out then she becomes mobile. lol let her be a baby
    Kable0120

Answer by Kable0120 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well my DD didn't sit unsupported till she was 11 months, or do a normal crawl until then. She was a fast roller though..lol.. And Her doc. said she is fine. She is 13mo. and is standing and cruising. One Day she just took off!!.

good luck

Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 1:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I answered this in your other question lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010