Husband looking at Craigslist Personals

If your SO was looking at Craigslist personals & searching for specific things like "mw4w" what would you do? I didn't even know what that meant, I had to google it. It doesn't look like any of the links were clicked but he could have deleted the history.... this is the 2nd time that he's done this (that i can prove) in the last few weeks. The first time he did it he looked at 10 or so of them.. we are in a small town so theres only about 2 a day in women looking for men. I know him & his friends use to go on there to "make fun" of people, but him doing it alone & trying to hide it... just seems suspicious. I'm known for going over the top & freaking out, It's been really hard for me not to say anything to him... Please give me some advice!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he is curious and i would talk it over with him
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• have sex
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i would ask him about it and see how he reacts.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd probably ask about it. It IS suspicious. But instead of assuming the worst (at least right away), just calmly ask him about it and see what he says.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think you've got a problem on your hands - he is looking for a hookup.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Chances are, he may just be checking them out for a laugh. Have you read some of those ads..they are hilarious! lol. My dh and I have looked at them together just because we were bored and some of them are so funny.
    But, if I found out my dh was looking at them without me around, I would be curious as to why and I would just ask him...what were you checking out the personals for, you perv? lol
    But because I know in my heart he wouldnt do something that intentionally hurt m,our relationship or our family..I don't think too much into it. Not all men can be that easliy trusted though.
    Just calm down and when you are calm enough to think with a straight head, just ask him what exactly he was looking for on there, tell him youre just curious.Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The bigger question is, Are you going to wait to catch him a 3rd time to confront him about it? And how many times has he looked or searched without your knowledge? If he's looking, he either has a new interest of some kind or he's not getting it at home. Are you going to wait until he finds someone and then talk about it? You're not overreacting, you found something and it deserves an answer. Kinda makes sense, no? If you care an ounce about your relationship, then say something! If you don't then continue to wonder and wait to see what happens. Which path of action are you going to take? If he's surfing porn, no biggie but when your searching personals, that's an issue to be addressed sooner than later. For me, it's easier to clean up a small mess. By the way, when is the last time you cooked him a hot meal?
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I hate to say it but i have heard that "just looking to make fun of people" excuse before... tell him to find a different way... there are plenty of stupid videos on youtube to watch. Confront him on it and if he tries that excuse tell him to find another way to amuse himself but be aware of any other signs that he may be looking to cheat... that's pretty much what CL personals if for... to find someone to hook up with or date. Why do men always dig themselves into these kind of holes?
    Jend555

Answer by Jend555 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just did this the other day!! My fiance was asleep in bed and so I got on Craiglist and looked through all the personals. I cant tell you what....they are hilarious!!! lol, one lady in her header said she was fat, ugly and had herpes.....NO JOKE!! lol. My fiance seen that I was on there checking out the personals so I showed him which ones I had looked at and then looked at them together. I would ask about it first before coming to any assumptions because if he looked at them like I did...then there was no foul play. Hope this helps.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yeah i would talk with him & see what he says
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010