Does anyone's doctor only glove one hand while giving a cervical check at end of pregnancy?

I wasn't paying too much attention but I think the doctor only put a glove on one hand and it seemed like the "moved it apart" with her hand that may or may not have been gloved. Does anyone else's doctor do this? I hope she gloved other when I wasn't paying attention. If she didn't, am I at risk for catching a disease? No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She did while I was in labor,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think my doctor only gloved one hand to check my cervix. I dont remember though..
    MayBaby0507

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• or ask. She may have. Sometimes docs are sneaky like that.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am sure she put both gloves on.... because it's the doc's health at risk if that was the case. As a health care worker I ALWAYS protect myself by waring BOTH gloves!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I've always been under the impression that the gloves were to protect the doctors health, more so then the patient. I highly doubt you would get a disease if she failed to put both gloves on. I've watch nurses who put IV in with the gloves on, but then actually rip at least 2 of the fingers. As soon as they put it on they will rip those fingers. The primary fingers they are using to put the IV in. They'll tell you they get a better feel and grip on things without the gloves, but have to wear them. So they get around it by ripping those fingers.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• During labor my midwife only gloved one hand when she checked me.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm pretty sure my doctor only gloved 1 hand a few times during my pregnancy. But I don't think he ever touched me in that area with his ungloved hand either. If it makes you uncomfortable, I would say something.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• While I was in labor that was it
    Rae_LeComte07

Answer by Rae_LeComte07 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010