• In the Spotlight:

Help! I have cracks in my feet!!

I talked to my friggin doctor about his and he said use lotion! No shit sherlock except I've used everything from Eucerin and Aquafor, I've used Aveeno, Heeltastic, bagbalm, plain vasoline, creamy petroleum. You name it, I've probably used it. I also use a ped egg on my heels, but the cracks are up towards to toes and down the side of my feet. It hurts so bad! They're go up to 2 in long and deep enough to hold a toothpick! Hurts like hell! Anyone have had this problem, or any suggestions? I'm on my feet all day and love going barefoot also. I always wear shoes outside though, but it's just getting old and my doc doesn't seem to give a squat and I can't really go to a specialist due to no insurance and my doc won't refer me.... any suggestions would be great!!

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• I hope this helps - my daughter had severe eczema on her hands - I know its not the same -but they were cracked and bloody - nothing we tried helped - a friend suggested we try Renew Lotion - it worked! within 2 weeks her hands were clear - and we haven't had another outbreak - I use it on my hands and feet - my skin was really dry on a Christmas trip up north and the Renew really helped! I also apply Melaleuca oil on our skin and this helps to - its a clinically proven anti-bacterial and anti-fungal substance.Let me know if you would like some more info. Hope you are feeling better
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Throw out all your lotions and don't use petroleum products. These will only temporarily mask the problem. They do nothing to heal your skin.

I have a low cost solution for you. It actually will heal your skin & prevent it from happening again. Happy Feet Spa Retreat. These are natural products that are made in the USA. First soak your feet in Dead Sea Salts. Next exfoliate with salt scrub. Moisturize with Shea Butter. Seal it in with beeswax lotion bar.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You could try Burts bees "Baby Bee Skin Creme" in a jar. IT IS EXCELLENT to use for your feet!!! At night, soak your feet in warm water in the tub until they are soft, slather the cream on and wear socks to bed. If this does not help, a Podiatrist will remove the calluses and give you a cream. You probably have been wearing sandals a lot so you could also switch to socks & sneakers during the day. That cured my calluses and my feet are super soft now & callus free.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have what has been termed Juvenile plantar dermatosis so I've very used to developing fissures in my hands and feet. Experience has taught me that shoes make or break my feet. I don't keep shoes or socks that I sweat a lot in. I wear sandals almost year round unless working. Even when I worked, I'd strip out of those shoes before leaving. I love Aveeno and do coat my feet at night and wear clean socks to bed. The big problem with the cracks is that they are slow to heal. Keep them clean, and do what you can to prevent infection does a lot. I keep the cracks packed with antibiotics ointment and clean cotton with a bandage while it heals. Might want to check on if you are diabetic or not. Diabetes can affect the feet with similar symptoms and slow down the healing as well. Beyond that, pamper your feet with salt water soaks unless diabetic.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There is a product called Crack Cream. It's by the cortisone cream. It helps.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wear my Shape ups any time I go out. I always put on a heavy moisturizer before putting on socks whether at bedtime or before putting my shoes on. Very seldom I'll wear my flip flops but they're a bit fancier and more comfortable than those generic plasticy things- I cannot wear the cheap flip flops! lol
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had the same problem and got over it by using mineral oil after a bath and I increased my water comsumption greatly. Water has also helped my skin and body odor.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010