What do you do to get some "me" time?

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• The kids go to bed at seven o clock each night....all of the them. They are allowed to read for a set amount of time...longer depending on their age.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 1:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I tell everyone at home to leave me alone for the night.And I take a hot bath or just lay in bed and watch TV.

evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I try to get on the internet about once a day while the baby is sleeping and my husband is at work.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Go pee... its the only time I ever seem to be alone and that's because I have learned to lock the flippin door!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lay in the tanning bed for 20 min. twice a week, but its in my house soooooo the kids are still knocking on the door.... "whatya doin mommy???"
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a number of things lol:

1. DD goes to bed at 8 and so I have plenty of time for whatever after that (especially when SO is working late)
    2. Nap time gives me about an hour
    3. When SO is home I can ask for a break
    4. When SO is home I can pretend to nap (sometimes actually do it too) to get some "don't bug me" time
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i joined a gym that has a really nice daycare, & usually once a week my son sleeps at my mothers house.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I raised three children while living away from any family, so I had no "me" time at all until they were all in school. Even then, I had things to do at home to keep things running smoothly, so even that time was not really mine, although I could go to the bathroom without being interrupted. I honestly did not think about having time for myself. My life was my husband and my children and taking care of them. I enjoyed that I was able to do that. I think the wanting and almost demanding time for oneself while having little children is a pretty new phenomenom. Believe me when I tell you, that the children grow up and leave all too quickly and then you will have all the time you want to do whatever you want. It's called delayed gratification, I believe, and it's not much practiced in the me generation. I am now a busy grandmother, but I still have all the time I want to do whatever I want. So your day will come!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I go for a drive. Usually take my dog to the park and just sit and listen to the birds and watch the lake.
    Rae_LeComte07

Answer by Rae_LeComte07 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i go up to my sewing room
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010