Should it be legal for a woman to walk around with no shirt?

Since a man can? I remember an issue with this years back, so I don't remember all of the details, but basically, a group of women were trying to make it legal for a woman to walk around with her shirt off, lol. I hear a lot of women on here that breasts are not sexual body parts, and I'm not saying that I disagree, I'm just curious.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, no one needs to see droopy BOOBIEs while eating

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It would be nice. IT would end the whole showing nip in public as public indecency and the US would be finely on par with Europe. Can you imagine, no bikini tan lines anymore? Ah, it sure would be nice.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sure, why not? Making a woman wear a shirt, or a top to a beach never made sense to me. If a man (even one with Moobs) can go topless a woman should be able to as well.
    Me, though, I'll still be keeping my own shirt on!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Absolutely. Men go topless, why should women not be permitted to do so? Breasts are not sexual organs, they are feed bags.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL...YEAH! It would be easier for us to breastfeed that way..thats for sure! And can you imagine how much cooler it would be in this heat?!
    Ok, all joking aside...if it was somethign that was okay in America from the beginning of time..that would be different because it would be the norm. If it were to become legal NOW...it would take 200 years for it to be the norm,lol. And people would just go NUTSO because breasts are so sexualized here.
    IF it were to become legalized..I'd probably do it but only in my own back yard..when noone else was over,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't really care either way...I kind of think it should be illegal for women AND men...I have seen waaaaaaaaay too many GROSS old men with their shirts off!!!!!!!!!!
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 1:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Why can't we simply make it illegal for men too? Frankly, there are way more men out there that need to cover up than men who should go without a shirt! And I think the same goes for women.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Not sure, given our society, women would gain respect by doing this. Are you wanting a major cultural/society change? Good Luck.. Not in today's society~
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Umm, no. Eeww.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Of course, why not... Although there are plenty of people - male or female - who for the sake of my eyes shouldn't get to walk around without a shirt at all... But yes, if men can, I don't see why women can't. I see nothing dirty or shameful about the human body or nudity of any kind...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010