Question about Microsoft Excel- Making a Bill Chart

I am attempting to make a bill chart on Excel. I want to be able to figure in all my deposits and subtract my bills to keep an up to date balance of my funds. I have NO clue how to actually do this! I have Excel 2007, I looked at it and my head about exploded. Does anyone know how to make a chart like this?

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• The easiest way to get started is use one of the Excel templates which are already scripted and you just have to enter your personal data.

If you go into Excel, under "File" select "Project Gallery" or Templates, and then look over the samples...My version gives me a "Personal Budget" and "Home Expenses Budget" template.

You just click/double-click on each data box to edit the information.

Hope this helps!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Hooray for LoriKeet! LOL... I don't know why I didn't think of that... ROFLMAO... yeah... left eye is twitchin!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You need to put in the formulas to do all the calculations for you. For example, you need to do something like =sum((e2+c3)-d3) which is basically column e line 2 (running balance) plus column c line 3 (deposits) less column d line 3 (expenses) equals current balance. You would copy this down column e so it figures a running balance.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Honey, I do, but there is no way I can explain a spreadsheet in a post like this! But, start by making a column for Bills/Deposits names, then a column for deductions, then one for deposits, then a total column. I don't know if that makes sense or not, lol, I have never tried to explain it step by step before.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The spreadsheet columns can be as simple as DATE, DESCRIPTION, DEPOSIT, EXPENSE, BALANCE
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You would then type in the information in the first four columns and the formula in the last column. In a formula the letter is the column, the number is the row. You can then highlight the formula and just copy and paste it to the entire column.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I bet if you google "simple bank balance excel spreadsheet tutorial" you would find an example.. actually you maybe able to go the Microsoft Office and download the template. Look at the top of the page in Excel and click on tools, there maybe a link!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I was going to suggest what LoriKeet suggested. Start with a template!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Where is File!! I am so effing confused... I feel like a dork!!
    SweetPea05

Comment by SweetPea05 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I found it! I found it!! Thanks so much!
    SweetPea05

Comment by SweetPea05 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010