Why does my adult content

My vagina smell??!

It's just unpleasant! I've been to my Gyno, he said there's nothing wrong down there like an infection or something..

There's this constant thick heavy white discharge (no, it's not semen) and a really heavy smell...I hate to use this term, but it smells like something's rotting...

Really gross...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• Try douching.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• SInce your doctor said you are OK, I would suggest taking a bath vs shower. Also, drink lots of water!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have the same problem. Also no infections or anything. I wash myself REALLY well in the shower and I still smell a little when I get out. Its so irritating and gross. I wish I knew why. And mompam, douching is actually WORSE. It can create more problems and is no longer recommended by anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Have you tried any of the over-the-counter treatments? Maybe it's something in your diet? You know, like how asparagus makes pee smell distinctly different?
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Some women are prone to having a stronger smell than others. And there will be nothing that can be done. Don't douche or use harsh soap inside the outer labia. Just know that you have a stronger odor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Okay, so seriusly I have the same problem. Mine isn't my diet because that hasn't changed at all. I don't have an infection or anything. I HAVE douched and still had/have the problem. Like the other night I took a shower and by the next morning my underwear stunk and I was like WTF?

I mean, give me a BREAK!

I'm a clean person, I am completely (and always have been) disease free, I drink a ton of water and I just want an answer myself. :(

Wish I had one for you hun.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would go to another doctor. Vaginitisis ( sp) will make your vagina smell really bad. While it is true that some women have stronger smells its not good if you think it smells like something is rotting.
    suark

Answer by suark at 1:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Quick add here: Mine doesn't smell like it's rotting... it just has a funky odor that I find embarassing.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Really folks. She has been to the doctor. I swear..some women just have that issue and nothing will help. It's ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• some women simply have an odor issue- even without an infection, just like some men do.

My ex smelled like something DIED after a 1/2 hour of vigorous activity... My SO is prone to take on the BO of whatever he eats ( I actually like it when he eats lots of garlic! lol). Women are the same way, some of us are simply, well, smellier.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010