Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to find grants for going to college.

I'm looking for ways to find grant money (not college loans) for going to college. I'm in my early 30s and our annual income is just over $55K. I'd like to go for a degree in elementary education but I'm afraid we won't be able to afford it. Any tips?


Asked by scout_mom at 2:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in

Level 41 (125,190 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You do know that Pell grants are for people with a financial need? You can try or

    You have to fill out a FAFSA application to see what you MAY be eligible for. The FAFSA is the Federal Application for student assistance. It is NOT a grant, loan, etc. It just tells schools and other sources what the government says you are eligible for.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • have you been to the schools financial aid dept?
    they can help you with fasfa, and pell grants.. & tap.
    depending on the school you go to also, they may offer there own grants.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Check with the school you wish to attend to find out what programs are available. :)

    Answer by WoodWitch at 2:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • tyfry gave some good advice.

    Answer by Pnukey at 11:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010