What do you think of these potential changes to Up Votes?

Right now you get a lot of Up Votes to give to answers each day, so much so that very few people actually use them all.

We're thinking of cutting the number of Up Votes you get by as much as half. At the same time, we would double the amount of Credits you earn for each vote given, so the number of Credits you can earn in a day would remain the same.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

---Cafe BTC

Cafe BTC

Asked by Cafe BTC at 2:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sounds like a great idea to me! I think if people did not have as many upvotes, they would be more particular about what they voted up!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i know i don't use even half of mine in a day...i guess it would cut back on all the people who just go around voting up everyone just to do it. They would maybe want to save them for someone they truly agree with on a subject
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It sounds as though that would work. It might cut back on number of answers read, but right now I have so many up votes left that it wouldn't matter much. From CM's point of view it may cut back on page views.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Great idea. I feel compelled to use all my up votes. I simply pick a question with a lot of answers and vote them all up. I don't even read them. I do this until I use them all every day. It's a huge waste of time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sounds good. I had the idea of adding the charms to answers too. Just throwing it out there.....:)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm one of those people that rarely uses all of them. In fact, I use about a fourth or less of mine a day, so that works for me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Also, I only vote up answers that I really agree with and think deserves up votes UNLESS I get online really late (like near midnight) and go into the Crazy for Credits section to get rid of what's left. Otherwise, all of my up votes go to answers I think deserve them.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a hard time using up all my vote ups so if you cut it in half that would be ok with me
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 2:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I like that! It is a pain to get rid of 100 votes everyday.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would like it. I might like more bumps....but maybe not if I have less vote ups....the trade factor.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010