Need help fast...children meds

Since the recall on tylenol and motrin what could I use for my daughter to help relieve the pain from her shots she is getting today? Is there anything or does my poor baby just have to suffer? I hate having to get her shots done but i know its the best for her!!

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My suggest is to asking your daughter doctor. He or she may prescibe something for her to take for the pain after her shots. And also if you grocery store or drug store have a substitute for tylenol and motrin that is okay to give to ur daughter. But my first suggest is to call ur daughter doctor first and see what they suggest first before getting substitue product from the grocery store or drug store. U see I work for Publix in Daniel Island SC and I get customer to ask me the same question and I'll take them and show them the Publix brand name of tylenol and motrin that is safe to give to ur little one. I hope this help and I hope ur daughter gets better. Best of Luck.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ice pack.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• store brand acetominiphen

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A cold pack will help, also, ask your health care provider when getting the shots what they recommend.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• warm bath or warm wash cloths afterwards.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 2:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can buy tylenol behind the counter at a pharmacy. They sell a different brand of tylenol, but they do have it. Ask them for it. Just bought it last weekend for my daughter when she got sick at K-Mart.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Both are good answers, we've been using store brand acetominiphen too. Are they Tylenol meltaways also recalled?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The NAME BRANDS were recalled. Store brands are exactly the same,it just doesn't carry the name.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Store brands are the same. I never gave my son anything. Unless he acted weird later on. He never had any issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I never gave medicine before shots. Even before the recall. She'll be fine. Ask the doctor when you are there what do do if she's in pain later.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010