Do you rememeber doing some crazy daredevil stuff when you were a kid and now you wonder how the heck you are alive today?lol

My son is at this age when I started thinking I could never die. I try to remember how it was for me back then so that I'm not too over protective or over bearing on him now. But man oh man..I have to wonder how I ever lived...and lived with out ever breaking a bone! lol
My friend and I used to climb on top of garages in our neighborhood and see if we could jump far enough to land on the next one.
We use to climb out on the bedroom window onto her roof and there was a huge tree in front of her house.We decided we were going to tie a rope to one of the branches so we could swing down rather than walking down the stairs to get outside.So, we jumped off the roof onto a branch to tie on this rope. Then we jumped BACK to the roof and then would swing from the rope!It had to of been at least 40 feet in the air!lol
Then there was the time we chained our bikes together side by side and decided to rde like that..oh my, that one HURT

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• hahaha. omg tell me about it.
    theres a bridge around here, called the penny bridge. its probably 20-30 ft off the water, and we used to jump off it all the time. your not allowed too so we would get in trouble with the cops quite often, lol. we used to play on the train tracks and climb on the parked trains. one time there was a barnum & baily (sp?) circus train stopped at there was literally a lion or tiger growing at us through the caged windows. we used to to go cliff jumping, probably 40 ft off the water into this place called the quarry. its an old rock quarry, HUGE, but had old buildings and pipes and all kinds of shit in it and is located right next to the nuclear chemical plant called indian point. lol.
    those were the days....
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yike! You had some adventures!

Nothing like that for me. I guess the most dangerous thing I did was ocean swimming. I was dragged along the shore by a rip tide once. That was scary.

Answer by Bmat at 2:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yeah! All the times i would jump off a swing and launch myself to the ground! never even sprained an ankle!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, we drove a car at 14 and ended up getting into a car wreck. Luckily there were no serious injuries. One time my friend met a guy online and we drove to where he lived about 3 hours away while telling our parents we were at the other persons house. We didn't have any money and weren't old enough to get a hotel room ourselves. That was pretty stupid!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My brother and I use to race across the park and find ways to escape kidnappers. We would tree's, roofs and th park chimmeny thinking nothign would hurt us. But that was about it
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes. But most of my adventures had to do with tree houses, "forts", horses, and bikes. When I was a kid, we were kicked out at 8am and didn't get to come back into the house til it was dinner time. At lunch, we "checked in" and had sandwiches outside on the porch. There were 4 other kids who lived on farms nearby that I hung out with. Since I was the youngest of those, I was always being told to "swim that waterhole" or "jump that ditch" or "climb that tree" to PROVE I was cool enough. Cannot BELIEVE I never got hurt! LOL
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• OMG yes! LOL Flips off my friend's trampolines, flips in general (how I didn't break my neck is beyond me!), jumping out of trees, jumping off of swings right before it's high enough to flip over the bar, shimmying up the poles on the swing set and going across the top bar, doing flips on parallel bars and walking across the tops of them (while they were wet lol), jumping off of other playground equipment, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lol all the freaking time. I did some pretty crazy things as a child even things my brothers would never do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I lived in 6 story projects in new York I used to climb fire escapes and run across roofs,jump out windows,I too much won't even hop a fence now I was a BAD ASS KID!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I jumped on my friends bike as she was riding past me, not real dangerous like some I guess. But I knocked her off the bike and she fell and hit her head and ended up unconsious. Scared the crap out of me, NEVER did that again.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010