Neighbors

We live on a street where the main place to park is in the street. We have a driveway but its not very long. Big enough to park our 2 cars. Well my mom is visiting and she has to park out in the street because thats the only place to park. I know that the street is public, but so many times there have been people parked in front of our house when they could park in front of their own house and my mom has no where to park. She ends up having to park a ways from our house and walking. The neighbors know that shes visiting but refuse to be respectful. Is there a law or anything i can do to stop this?

stampmama

Asked by stampmama at 1:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Well, first, how long is she visiting? If it is not for very much longer, then I would just let it go.
    If she is going to be there for a while, Here's what I would do. See which neighbor is parking in front of your house. Go up to them and simply say "I know that the street is an open place to park, but my elderly mother is visiting us and has a hard time walking. Is there anyway I could ask you to keep from parking here until she is done visiting?" Most people, when confronted with a situation to help an elderly lady, will.
    And if you don't want to do that, then hell, let her park in your spot on the driveway, and you walk home.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Why not pull your car out of the drive and let Mom have a place there.You can walk easier than she from the way it sounds.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Actually, shes in better shape than I am! Haha. Shes not that old. Plus, one of our cars is expired so it has to stay in the driveway. I guess I should've worded it better. Either my husbands car or my moms car has to be parked in the road, whichever one gets to our house last cuz my husband works. My point was, that they know that shes visiting and we need an extra parking spot, but they chose to be disrespectful and park there anyways. And shes here for about another week and a half.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 6:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• can u park in the yard?? if not idk what to tell yea..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Its illegal here to park in the yard....plus the front yard isnt big enough. Haha.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 9:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2008