Single mom tips and suggestions.

I'm going to be a single mom soon and would like to know any tips or suggestion other single moms might have to share. Things that make your life easier, what to do, what not to do...things like that. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Bump! I don't have any advice, but I wish you the best of luck, mama! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• DON'T GIVE UP.

I sometimes feel like I want to give up. Remember you are not the only one out there as a single mom, whether it is a tragic lost, or you left someone, or they left you.

We are stronger then we think, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm an only parent, a widow. My tips are:
    1 - don't be tempted to over-indulge to "make up" for his absence. An overindulged child is not a good thing.
    2 - don't beat yourself up when you make a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes.
    3 - don't compare yourself to other families. Just do the very best you can do.
    4 - don't convince yourself that you're doing your best when you're not. Even when it's hard, do what's right.
    Hang in there, you'll be ok. Best of Luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010