Can you report a group?

I was in a group for a few days before I noticed all they do is talk trash about people. They use codes which is in a sticky to decode people's name. They make a post about you and harass the person when ever they post. They haven't attacked me personally. BUT I see they are ganging up on another person. I'm not going to put my name out there so I can be the target of their obsession.

ETA: They claim they are an not a bitch group, just one that looks for trolls. But I think they troll more people then they do looking for.

But I think this group needs to be shut down. It's getting out of hand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You can contact CM and complain. I wouldn't really expect them to do much, though, because they have said in the past (and have said often) that it is up to the group owners to handle situations like this and that they only step in in CM controled groups. Best of luck. Maybe you can convince some of those who are being bullied to complain as well.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Really? Holy Crap.... see this is why I stay away from all that drama...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Wow, secret codes? We did shit like that when passing notes in 6th grade.

But yeah, I think the only thing you can do is just send a note to cafemom admins and let them look into it and determine whether or not any terms of service are being violated.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• What? No way.. J/k.. Contact CM and tell them. Yeah, SOME claim to be a non bitch group, but they really are.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• some people feel that they need to join cliques to feel important. low-self-esteem, no self-worth could be their major problems.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can report them, BUT normally CMs stance is that if you don't like a group that you can leave it. The GO is able to run the group as she wants. Unless they are taking it out of the group into other groups then it really isn't a problem anywhere but that group.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010