Who thinks they rushed into marriage?

or should have studied their fiance' more before they walked down the aisle?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a newly wed and we didn't marry until our 3 year anniversary. I still think we rushed into it. I think that's because in a sense marriage is like having kids, no one ever feels they are ready, but once you are in there, or it happens, you work it out.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I did! *Raises hand*

Plus it doesn't help that as I was walking towards him I was thinking about how "I shouldn't be doing this" and mummbled through my vows since we were by the water and I really couldn't be heard anyhow...

Kicked him out three months later.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I did and never will again. You never really know another person, but you can at least learn something about them! 3 months was just not enough time!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 3:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I totally did. We married five months after we met. We are still together,. 13 yrs and counting, but I think we could've avoided alot of grief had we waited to get to know each other better.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i feel like i pushed my dh into it. nagging and pushing. because thats what i wanted. because when we were dating he was everything i dreamed of and wanted...and now i'm realizing he is all about himself. Sure, he takes care of me and my son for the most part and i am forever greatful for that. When it comes to my emotional needs though he is very selfish and only cares about himself. He has no sense of compassion. Maybe i just need to become a freaking lesbian...is there any man out there that know what women want?????????? I mean..for crying out loud. you can hug me and kiss me other times of the day besides coming and going from work or when YOU want sex. I'm just not liking my husband this week. not at all. He is number one on my shit list.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wish we had lived together first. But, both of our families would have thrown huge bitch fits if we had, and we didn't want to deal with that. We were young, too (I had just turned 18 a week before, and he was 19). I don't regret anything, but I don't think we would have gotten married (and now divorced after I move out) if we had lived together first. But that would also mean that we wouldn't have our daughter.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh, we were together for about 2 years before we got married. He was and is my best friend, we just aren't compatible in a romantic way anymore, and haven't been since about the time our daughter was born two years ago (this year would be our 3 year wedding anniversary if we were still a couple). I think if we had lived together for a year or two before getting married, either things would have worked out, or we would have realized before getting married that we weren't meant for each other.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Raising hand
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i know i did. i was 19 when i married. here it is 7 years later, and we are seperated and divorcing
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Part of me feels like I did, but part of me doesn't. The first year with my now husband was perfect. But we were so wrapped up in eachother that I didn't really get to know him. We never talked about a few issues, that now plague our marriage. I kinda feel if we weren't married, I wouldn't even make an effort to stay. He is not abusive towards me in anyway, but he does have a lying problem. Unfortunatly his daddy raised him a liar, so maybe I am fighting for a lost cause... but he is pretty great in everyother way, so I reaaaally want my marriage to work. Guess I can say.. I won't be too surprised if it doesn't though. Unfortunatly.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2010