preschool

My son start preschool in 2 weeks how do I get him ready 4 it

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 3:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in

• Take him to meet his teacher beforehand
    Tell him he is going and talk about what he will be doing and asks how he feels
    There are DVDs out about going to school, like Nickelodeon has one and the Barney one was a favorite of mine

This is an exciting time, have fun!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You did not mention what kind of preschool, but please make sure you asked all the important questions. His experience will pave the way for school and other interactions. I ran a daycare for over twenty years and making sure of the policies for discipline, food and who will be around him are vital. I hope your interview answered all the important questions. I wrote an ebook about this to help parents who do not know about what goes on in any childcare environment. Also make sure he has a change of clothes, and maybe a favorite toy to ease him in. His first day will tell all!
    Joann617

Answer by Joann617 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The preschool my daughter is going to be going to just had an open house and they had a family that is not new sponsor a family that is new and they showed us around the place. After that we all had a cook out and the kids all got to play together and then the teachers went to the classrooms and introduced the kids and kind of showed them around while the parent's were there. It was nice and she is very excited about going back now.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Make sure he knows his first and last name, and how he's going to be dropped off and picked up.
    Make sure he knows your first name, since there are a lot of people named "Mommy" in the class.
    Tell him what to do when someone is being a meanie head.
    Talk to him about what he might do during the day.
    If possible, talk to the teacher and find out for sure what their schedule will be like.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010