School shopping (clothing)

For those who DO NOT have to wear uniforms what are you buying? (ex. how many pair of jeans/tops.. etc)

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 3:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in

• only replacing what she's outgrown, not purchasing any set number of items or a whole new wardrobe
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Usually I buy about 5 pants, 5 shirts, new underwear, socks & shoes for my little one every year.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have 5 kids 4 will be going back to school. I buy everyone new shoes, 4-5 new shirts shorts since it stays hot here for awhile. New underwear, socks.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• DD (going into gr.2)got I think 5 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts to go with them( i counted over 40 shirts she has that are still good to wear to school) also 2 full skirt/shirt/leggings/sweater outfits, underwear, socks, 3 pairs of shoes(one pair of dressy shoes, one to go with a skirt outfit, one for inside shoes for school, and another everyday pair) Also new rainboots. I am still hunting for a nice jacket, and a new hoody.
    For ds, (going into K) He got 8 pairs of jeans/pants, and 18 shirts, lol yah, alot of shirts, but he had less to start with and grew more, and tends to stain shirts more. He also got a nice hoody and a new jacket, inside shoes, outside shoes, rainboots, socks and underwear.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I generally buy maybe a dozen pairs of jeans, two pairs of navy pants, and a couple of other colors of pants like gray or brown. Probably 25-30 new shirts. Two pairs of sneakers, a jacket, and a coat. I'm sure I will have to buy less shirts as they get older and don't outgrow stuff as fast. They always wear out their jeans by the end of the school year, though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It will still be warm when they start so I will probably just get them new shoes, socks, underwear because they got a lot of new clothes over the summer. When it starts to cool down, they will get more things. We usually just buy a few outfits at a time instead of one big shopping trip. Every single one of us has a birthday in the summer. Plus, they don't care too much.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We buy just a few things now, couple pairs of jeans, capris, and a few short sleeved shirts. Then shoes, socks, and underwear. Then over the next few months we add more winter clothes a little at a time so that way we aren't buying everything at once for all 3
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have replaced a few pairs of pants that my son has worn out, and have gotten him maybe 7 new shirts. Two pairs of shoes, new socks... I think that is about it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• we don't have uniforms --we are buying 3 sets to start off with and they always get new undererclothes and socks and new shoes
    mcovey

Answer by mcovey at 11:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm also replacing what has been outgrown so that there are a total of 6 pants, and enough socks and underpants, and one good jacket. Somehow, there's always more than enough shirts.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

Next question in
preschool

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
cool recipe