When did you buy your dress?

Woohoo! After 5 1/2 years, a house, a baby, and 4 pets-- I'm finally engaged! :) How soon after your engagement or how long before you had your wedding did you buy your dress?

LishaBee

Asked by LishaBee at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I bought mine the week after he asked!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I bought my dress one week to the day before the wedding. That was because I was pregnant and wanted to get one that fit. Also, the wedding was close to my due date so if I had had the baby before the wedding, I could get one to accommodate. It wasn't a shotgun wedding, we had the date set more than 1 year in advance, I just didn't want to change it once learning I was pregnant.

I don't suggest waiting though, I hear if you have to get alterations and what not, you should buy it as early as possible. Congrats and happy wedding planning!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Congrats! Start looking now. When is your wedding? I found mine at a sample sale, but if you get it at a bridal shop it can take months to come in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I put it off and waited until 3 weeks before my wedding. Yeah, wouldn't recommend that!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We were engaged for 8 months before we got married. I sewed my own dress, about 2 months prior to the wedding.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I went about 9 months before the wedding to look at dresses. I didn't find anything I liked. So while flipping through bridal magazines I found the perfect dress. The only problem was it was $5000. I brought the picture to a seamstress and she made the same dress for me for $200 and I got it customized exactly how I wanted it. There was no bead work or anything, so it only took her 2 months to sew it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• a week before n it all worked out great. i kept losing so mcuh weight n was stick skinny my wedding day, anyways, it all worked out fine though.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We were thinking a winter wedding, but I don't want a shotgun wedding and January just seems to close! So, either May 15 or October 15- I found the perfect dress online, of course I would have to try it on at the store and everything, but it really screams "me!"- it's beautiful! I just found it last night, and today I woke up and it was on sale! Check it out:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-A-Line-Gown-with-Angled-Draped-Pick-Ups-SWG339_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

Oh.. I love it so..
    LishaBee

Comment by LishaBee (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Wow, I just looked at your dress. Beautiful! Go try it on, it's not too early!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, we got engaged December 8th, and planned our wedding date for may 30th, so just about 6 months. I think I found my dress less than 2 weeks after we got engaged. Granted I only went to one place an only tried on 4 dresses before I found it
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010