What meals can you make that have high fiber content?

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I alomst scared to eat b/c I am severley constipated!!! I have tried benefiber and Metimucel, they worked for a couple of days and then stopped. My doctor said add natural fiber.

Rae_LeComte07

Asked by Rae_LeComte07 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• salad!

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Anything with lentils - great for you!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Bean burritos are great, load it up with healthy toppings....lettuce, avocado, cheese and allow the kids to enjoy dipping in sour cream (limited) full of fiber and fun!!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Salad helps you poop. Beans are nummy and work too. You can make a meal out of them, a dip out of them, or a salad. Beans are a good sourceof fiber. Legumes (like peanuts), fruit, and whole grain bread (pasta). Also veggies. All of these things promote a good digestive health and fiber to help you poop.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Salads! Also I have switched to all whole wheat pasta at my house. We eat a lot of pasta, and the whole wheat really does not taste any different than the regular. Also, I eat the fiber bars once a day as a snack!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thank to all of the advice!! Looks like I need to go grocery shopping lol! Anyway Thanks again!! I will give them a try
    Rae_LeComte07

Comment by Rae_LeComte07 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Diet: add yams, sweet potatoes, peaches,leafy greens. As far as the Benefiber.. Keep using it just take a bit more. Benefiber has been a godsend for us. My grandson has a tapered bowel. What that means is it is really easy for him to be constipated and have a blockage.. It is imperative that we don't let him become constipated. The Dr's had him on Miralax to clear the last one. It works great..but it is impossible for a 5 or 6 yr old to get to the potty on it. So the Interna; Med Dr told us to put a heaping tablespoon in his juice or water every morning. Sometimes we have to put one in at night too. As long as we do this everyday he remains able to move his bowels. Maybe get miralax to get through this bout.. Then reduce the dose so you can remain regular.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Raisins and oat meal as well. If you eat an apple. Leave the skin on. Brown rice and cut back on the dairy products. Cut back on greasy foods too. Drink more water. The water doesn't have any fiber in it, but it helps you poop.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• spinach, kale, any dark leafy greens
    sweet potatoes
    beans, lentils
    fresh fruit
    raisin bran
    Fiber One cereal
    drink lots of water
    limit dairy products
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010