For those opposing same sex unions....

Have you ever put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel, if you were shunned, discriminated upon, and ridiculed for loving your chosen partner?

Asked by older at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Older my love... you are asking a question they can not answer. They are so wrapped up in their hate and their fear that they can not imagine how hard it would be to not be right about the issue. They are so wrapped up in their "truth" that they can not imagine a place and time that they would be wrong.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE THAT BELIEVE THAT'S WRONG THAT'S SO FUCKED UP LEAVE GAYS AND LESBIANS ALONE THEY BLEED RED JUST LIKE THE REST OF US YOU ARE NOT GOD TO BE JUDGING ANYONE AND PEOPLE LIKE THAT ARE JUST JEALOUS CAUSE THEY WISH THEY CAN LOVE FREELY LIKE THE GAY COMMUNITY CAN THEY ARE TRUE TO THEM SELFS
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't get it either.

But in two years of hardcore Bible Study and political involvement, I've gone from
    "God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve," to, "separation of church and state means my religion doesn't get a say," to "holy cow, that's not what that word meant then!"

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• cnoble, really? you have to yell and be childish about it?

christians are discriminated & ridiculed...we just take it. we say what we believe, and instead of it being considered free of religion, it's automatically discrimination. amazing how that works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think the point is that people should be able to lead the lives they want, whether it's to do with religion, or who they choose as a life partner etc.

what I don't understand is why some people want to get in other's faces to tell them that being gay is 'wrong'
    why do they even care?

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thats my point let people live there life people being gay is not stopping anyone from living its not hurting anyone
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am 100% for Gay Marriage. But, to those of you that aren't: how does the relationship of others effect the love and care you have for your spouse? If it does, you may want to examine your foundation because it is only built on your opinion of what others think.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Exactly! I bet they wouldn't like it. I don't think anyone should be told who they can and cant not love.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• DONT BRING IN THE BIBLE CAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN BY MAN I STUDIED ALL THE RELIGIONS N THE WORLD AND THEY ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON IT WAS WRITTEN BY A HUMAN NOT GOD
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• how can i yell when im typing lol do a little more studying not just on your religion and if u felt like i was hahahaha really? who is the child ?
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010