2 Year Old Eating Poop! GROSS!!!

Anyone else experience their 2 year old playing with and eating their own poop? This is so gross! He did it once before and never tried it again, but today he had to do it! WHY!!?? How do you get him to leave it alone? He should be pooping on the potty, or at least trying .... I'm so discouraged.

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 3:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No clue why. My daughter finger painted with her poop once. None of them have eaten it though. Is he missing something from his diet? Maybe vitamins?

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I doubt it's vitamins. Some kids just like to put everything in their mouth. My son is the same way. I caught him doing it one time at 12 months old. When he has his BM, it was so much, that it just kind of exploded outside. Lol. So when he saw it, he started to play with it and eat some of it. That was THE worst mess I have very had to clean. It was so bad. Luckily he never has done it again.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 3:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• its just curiosity! my oldest painted her bedroom with it once! i started putting diapers on backwards so she couldnt get the tabs off!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Eww no lol. Good luck
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My daughter dosent do that !! Every since she could speak everytime she took a poop or seen her puppy poop she would be grossed out!! Shes so weird even when she gets a booger on her finger she vomits anything nasty she knows is nasty just encourage ur child that is nasty and when u change his diapers start saying eww maybe he will pick up on it!!
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010