If you had a breast reduction...

how are your feelings toward the scars left behind? Are you happy with the overall outcome?

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 3:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I want to get one done so here is a bump.. where do you usually scar?
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• 100% YES!!! My scars have faded drastically, and that's because I was a smoker. I was even able to breast feed for the first 4 weeks, which even my doctor was shocked about! lol They took a little over a pound off of each breast. I almost cried the first time I was able to jog in my neighborhood without being in pain afterwards. Even after having a child, they did grow a bit but never went back to the same size.
    I had mine done a little over 4 years ago, and the recovery was nothing at all. I was back to work after a week (the doctor advised 2 weeks, but okay-ed it because of my recovery and my job wasn't strenuous). I thought I was going to be heartbroken and go through some weird body image depression, but I couldn't have been happier with my results. My self-image perception definitely changed for the better.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Since they tend to remove the excess skin and reduce the size of your areolas, you are usually left with a lolly pop shaped scar. When you see the post-op photos, it looks very unnatural. But I never get to see what it looks like long after the surgery.
    aluvk4evr

Comment by aluvk4evr (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Claudiomom: Imagine an upside down capital T starting from the bottom of your nipple. My scars are completely covered by a bathing suit.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• aluvk4evr: I'm not going to lie: my breast looked like cones for about 2 months with "Frankenstein" scars. But after about 6 months, the scars had started to fade and my breast had settled, which was exactly like my doc had predicted.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• So did they not have to reduce your areolas, Redmoonintexas? Areolas, sounds so funny, LOL. Or did those scars just fade in with the natural pigment?
    aluvk4evr

Comment by aluvk4evr (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• At least it is covered I don't walk around with ym breast hanging out. my boobs are just big and i want to go down to a small see. For my size or height I should have about small C but I am a large D and after having kids they keep growing. I loose the baby weight and I am stuck with big boobs
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• aluvk4evr: They did have to reduce the areolas, but the scars faded very well. I honestly forget that those scars are there. lol For my procedure, they did use the keyhole method. BTW my insurance covered it 100% ... even the doctor's visits. I went from a 34 FF to a full 34C, and now after kids, I'm a 36D. SO happy with the results!!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 9:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010