passing out? dizziness? preeclampsia?

I am 24 weeks pregnant, I posted a question a couple days ago about the fact that I was seeing stars and really dizzy. I found out that sure enough my blood pressure is not dangerously high at all as it is only around 115/75, but my bllod pressure has never gone over 98/65, I have always ran low, I see the dr on monday. It seems like I have gotten even weaker throughout the day today though and I would like to hear from other women that maybe have gone through this. It scares me not being able to get up because I feel like I have zero energy. I made my husband go to work today because I thought I would be okay by myself with my 7 yr old and my 2 yr old, but now I am worried that if I am going to pass out. The baby seems fine, she has had the hiccups for about 10 minutes now...lol. Any advice?

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you are eating enough protein.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• And enough healthy carbs, dizziness, feeling weak.....you could be having low blood sugar, heck even high blood sugar....have you had a glucose tolerance test yet?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Try drinking a glass of orange juice if you can't eat anything from feeling dizzy. Or anything sweet if you don't have any OJ.
    Try laying down with your eyes closed and stay still..
    My blood pressure always has run low too. The number that they worry about the most is the bottom number. Mine is usually in the 50-60 range and when my leg and foot swelled up really bad, I went in and my blood pressure was 140/80...which is borderline high..but for me, thats high,lol. So they were concerned about me developing preeclamsia and have me going in once a week to check.So far, so good!
    Take it easy, don't move around too much. Maybe you should call hubby to come home, or another family memeber or friend to come over in case something does happen. Call your doctor too!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I get my glucose tolerance test in a month, as I am only 24 weeks.
    mommatink83

Comment by mommatink83 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had that happen to me in one of my pregnancies, they thought it was the position of the baby, on some blood vessel. I tried various positions to try to get the baby to move. And finally got some relief. It was scary, I would faint all the time. Good luck, and I hope your problem is resolved soon :)
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010